Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Six Month Check Up


We are all in a period of transition.  I am preparing a new room for my class next year.  While I have more room I don’t have all the technology I want in that room.  My mantra this year isn’t why don’t I? Or why me?  It is how do I get the things that I want   It is time for a six month check up.  I am not settling for anything and it is time to become what God has created me to become in this life. In order to get what I want I need to get up in the morning and get going.

Deut.   I:6:   You have dwelt long enough on this mountain.

It is Sunday and I went to church this morning to greet people as they arrived for worship services.  I saw a lot of old faces and some new faces.  I chit chatted.  I came home shortly afterwards because I had forgotten my medicine.  This was good because I got up and went to church. My habit that I want to develop is get up when the alarm goes off in the morning.  One of the blogs I follow has an article that I think outlines how to do it well.

It is time for a six month check up.  A gentleman in one of my writing groups suggested that we put forth our goals etc. that we want to have accomplished by July 1, 2013.  This is nice because we keep each other on track. This is a recurring theme in many of the blogs that I have been reading. In addition, the teachers I know are reading books and discussing them.  They are doing much the same that I am doing right now. However, instead of doing this in the summer, I have decided that I will get up at the same time each morning 7 days a week, every day in the month, every day in the year.


 I have realized as I go through my goals that I haven’t accomplished all that I want to this year. I want a better relationship with my children, family and friends.  Not just on Facebook either. I want to lose the weight and improve my health.  My dream is to write stories, articles and curriculums.  Teach online and consult with districts.  I want to work with children in practice not in a public school.

I can’t accomplish my goals if I don’t get up in the morning.
Are you living your dream? How can you get the things that you want?


   My white board at my desk has something from each of my goals that will accomplish my dreams.

My first gaol is that I will get up when the alarm clock goes off in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment