Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

Module 5 Blog Post

I can't seem to get my blog correct and add the link to my diagram. I will learn, I will learn.  I really enjoy technology and all the freedom and time saving devices that it provides.  However, I was reminded today how delicate it can be. Between the two kinds of technology static and dynamic, I must say that use dynamic technology more often and I am much more comfortable with this are of technology.

Today, I received a call from our technology department because it seems I inadvisedly re configured the password to an account that the entire district uses.  I do not know how I did it, but it affected everyone and hopefully it can be resolved. The account is an app that would be part of static technology, which I like  but I just learning how to use properly.  I like to explore and keep pressing numbers and asking for help until I understand exactly what I am doing.  Unfortunately, once I understand one area, someone adds something knew and it changes. I understand that Static means fixed and my comment does not make any sense, but I really think that static technology is fixed, but it has a continuum and something adds to program.

Dynamic technology means that it is capable of action and change.  This is why I enjoy dynamic, it has something new added to a program or item that I understand. My current favorite are cell phones, iPad, and Skype because there is something new each time I go to use the device.  I really enjoy them and have found countless uses from them in my life.
I do think that both have a place in an online classroom and I need to learn and understand static technology better develop confidence that I can use them properly.





3 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    Google has wonderful help sections for all of their services. Here is a link to the one on blogger: http://support.google.com/blogger/?hl=en&rd=1 If you click on the multi-media blogging link it will show you how to put images, videos, and other files into your blog.

    I like your last line about static technology developing confidence. With any type of technology it is important to foster confidence in people with it before they can move forward. Once they understand that they can use the technology confidently, then they are ready to learn new technology. I thought of these two types of technology as one leading to the other. It all depends on the situation that determines what type to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Michelle. Like you, I just push buttons until I understand how to use the program or device. Currently, I am learning Prezi, which seems simple on the surface, but I am having trouble with it. Nonetheless, I will overcome it. LOL! I am especially fond of the cognitive flexibility theory since it claims adult learners do well with interactive media, and I like interactive media, thus my fondness for the theory. I believe that interactive media engages the learner and I am prone to use that style. I prefer not to use technology just because it is the latest new thing, which I sort of think is what the social media is all about. Yet, each technology has a quality that can be used for learning and may have applications for different learning styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,

    I agree that dynamic technology means that it is capable of action and change. This is why I enjoy dynamic, it has something new added to a program or item that I understand. I like cell phones, iPad, and Skype because there is something new each time I go to use the device. I really enjoy them and have found countless uses from them in my life.
    I do think that both have a place in an online classroom and I need to learn and understand static technology better develop confidence that I can use them properly.

    ReplyDelete