Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 3, 2013

EDUC 8848-1 Emerging and Future Technologies

An introduction for those of you new to this post: I am a graduate student in a Ph.D. program in Education (specialization in Educational Technology) at Waldenu online. In addition, to completing my course work in the next two quarters, I plan on completing my prospectus and intro to my dissertation.
In addition to providing a place to post my reviews and thoughts, this is also a place where I post answers or blogs to assignments for the class listed in the title section. I started this course last quarter but time constraints, health and work prevented me from completing this course. This quarter I will complete it and my prospectus (and all that includes) by mid quarter. There is a plan and I need to adhere to it in order to achieve my goal of the Ph.D. after my name. This course, Emerging and

Future Technologies deals with the following:

"The emergence of new technologies in the information age and beyond is dramatically changing the way people teach and learn in k_12 education, higher education, and corporations. Education professionals in this course explore new scholarship, collaborative tools, social networking, wireless and mobile technologies, creative commons, fair use, user-created content, and virtual worlds to become leaders in helping to diffuse these innovations. They also engage in multi-media presentation to analyze obsolete technology, assess new technology, and explore projections regarding future technological movements. through this project, education professionals are better able to conceive a world where technology is a seamless aspects of learning and work. (https://class.waldenu.edu/webapps..ourse%26id%3D_2642401_1%26url%3D)."

Each module (course within the course) has it's own objective(s), assignments, and discussion questions that I will post and answer in this blog.


Reference

Blackboard Learn (2013). retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu/webapps..ourse%26id%3D_2642401_1%26url%3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment